Our job board is currently under construction. Please email us your Resume at email@example.com to apply. Thank you!
Our long time client is currently seeking a VP of Engineering. Below is a BRIEF job description.
This role will be responsible for all the development and product needs for a growing company. The VP will be in charge of hiring several key technical employees the first year, as well as leading and mentoring the current team of 6. They need someone with the right attitude and skills to help transform the organization. This is a large public company with big growth goals. Someone that has had previous success scaling a company(s) is critical for success in this role. Ideal background in the LAMP stack is preferred but not required.
• Define the strategy, direction and manage the execution for all things engineering.
• Non-dogmatic to specific languages or technologies but instead leverage your experience and leadership to transform existing infrastructure to drive consistency and efficiency through your strategies and management
• Balance a high quality, high output engineering mindset with the demands of a high growth enterprise Product oriented business
• Providing overall strategy and technology direction for the development of applications and communication infrastructure supporting the Company’s solutions
• Strategic planning for all product development efforts to include the subsequent testing, release and production environment needs; as well as the overall architecture of our products and support infrastructure including day-to-day operations
• Overseeing all activities of the development groups (Full stack developers, QA, dev ops, and application release)
• Keeping up to date with new technologies and issues in the software-as-a-service industry
• Defining and communicating corporate plans, policies, and standards for the organization for acquiring, implementing, and designing new software products
• Hiring, managing and continuously developing a team through leadership and collaborative team building.
• Have a history of managing multiple properties and of using technology to grow the business and bottom line.
• Experience and proven leadership in an Agile work environment
• Thorough knowledge of engineering principles/practices, automated testing, global data center deployments, security and privacy, product management
• Effective communicator at all levels from C suite to jr developer