Our client in San Diego is looking for a Sr. Vulnerability Management Engineer. Below is a BRIEF job description. Please contact us for more information on this role and client.
They are looking for a senior vulnerability management engineer as part of their security engineering team who can put together an organized strategy, counsel the right metrics and communicate important decisions as part of their vulnerability management program.
- In-depth knowledge of Qualys or Nessus scanning tool (Five years of Qualys experience - or something comparable)
- Manage the end-to-end vulnerability lifecycle from discovery to closure, including organization-wide response to newly discovered vulnerabilities.
- Facilitate the discussion with cross-functional ServiceNow product teams understanding the roadmap and communicating the roadmap and priorities to IT Teams
- identify metrics and KPIs to measure the operational efficiency and remediation efforts
- Collaborate with Security Operations on the aggregated vulnerabilities and advise the vulnerability remediation for Windows, Mac, Linux, Network, Voice, and other systems and drive the vulnerabilities to closure
- Detect and manage false positives and risk acceptance candidates
- Clearly comprehend and communicate risks associated with vulnerabilities
- Assist as an escalation point on issues, dependencies, and risks related to vulnerability scanning