Our San Diego client is looking for a Principal Java Engineer to join their team! Please connect with us for more information.
- The Principle Software Engineer provides operational direction to development teams developing custom applications and integration to third party applications.
- Collaborate with Solutions Architects to understand the architecture roadmap.
- Translate the architecture roadmap into the application architecture and goals for the application.
- Develop applications and frameworks for high availability and scalability.
- Define and maintain an application roadmap for technological improvements.
- Document and communicate technical objectives, requirements, and designs.
- Design solutions, interfacing to or integrating with third party and custom systems.
- Design reusable components and services using defined standards and best practices and design patterns
- Provide direction on service and application performance/profile testing.
- Object Oriented Programming (OOP), Functional Programming, Design Patterns, SOA, OWASP, Security Principals
- Java SE, EE, 8 Lambda and Streams, I/O
- Java Collections Framework, Web Start, Swing, Servlet API, JDBC, JPA, JSP
- Advanced understanding of the Spring Framework and Dependency Injection
- Java Message Service (JMS), Advanced Message Queuing Protocol (AMQP)
- Advanced Web Services
- Version control tools like GIT, Subversion (SVN), CVS
- Work tracking software like Atlassian, JIRA, Crucible, Fisheye, Bamboo
- Build Scripting, Apache Ant, Apache Maven
- 10+ years of development experience with software development.
- 7+ years of experience in Java enterprise environment.
- 5+ years of experience as a tech/dev lead.
- Proficiency with Test Driven Development and Scrum methodologies.
- Understanding of current Open Systems architecture, tools, trends and methodologies.
- Understanding how to code for performance including knowledge of multi-threading techniques.
- Knowledge of operating systems (Linux, Unix, Windows).
- Knowledge of Enterprise IT standards and practices.
- Knowledge of Scrum framework and processes