Our client is seeking a Sr. DevOps Engineer. Below is a BRIEF job description. Please contact us for more information on this role and client.
- Automation and utilization of highly-available and resilient platforms in AWS.
- Employment and maintenance of workflows and procedures to ensure consistency and auditability in a managed infrastructure.
- Automating away the need for manual installation and direct intervention.
- Construct and peer review automation code with an eye to creating a flexible, scalable codebase.
- Provide third level support and administration for the Enterprise Informatics global estates.
- Troubleshooting and creating tools to resolve incidents.
- Proactive design and optimization of network and storage data flows, including monitoring.
- Work within and enforce security and regulatory compliance procedures.
- Document and communicate procedures, configurations and standards effectively.
- Experience with Containers and the Kubernetes Orchestration Platform in the following areas: RBAC, Logging, Security
- Expertise in administration, configuration, optimization and monitoring of Linux at scale. CentOS and Amazon Linux are our base distributions.
- Experience with production AWS cloud-based deployment and support – certifications a plus.
- Familiarity with automation tools such as Ansible, Chef, Puppet, Terraform
- Knowledge of scripting and programming languages such as Bash, Python and PowerShell.
- Knowledge of troubleshooting network services.
- BS Degree in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent experience