Our client in San Diego is looking for a Quality Assurance Engineer. Below is a BRIEF job description. Please contact us for more information on this role and client.
- Develops test plans, test cases, test data and test suites using requirements documents and functional or technical specifications.
- Analyzes test results and reports problems via the defined defect tracking system.
- Tracks defects from initial detection through verification of the fixes.
- Creates and executes test scripts to evaluate the quality of new product releases.
- Contributes to release notes for new product releases.
- Interfaces with development to understand the technology and determine the root cause of problems.
- Provides high quality bug reports to the development team with an emphasis on thorough information and reproducible steps.
- Collects records as objective evidence that software processes are satisfactory.
- Produces review and audit reports.
- Reports weekly to quality assurance manager using the prescribed report format or other agreed upon format.
- Performs other job related tasks as assigned in a timely and efficient manner.
- Undertakes other activities from time to time as may be required by the quality assurance manager in addition to these major areas of responsibility, which may be changed from time to time at the discretion of the company to suit its business needs.
- Complies with all applicable company policies, vendor and customer agreements, regulations, laws and the like.
• B.S in quality assurance, engineering, software development or related field.
• Formal software quality assurance training and software design experience highly desirable.
• Excellent troubleshooting skills and documentation skills are vital.