Our client in San Diego is looking for a Senior Database Administrator. Below is a BRIEF job description. Please contact us for more information on this role and client.
- Independently writes stored procedures and functions, handles requests for additional stored procedures and functions, as well as changes to existing ones.
- Helps, trains and mentors other database administrators and developers in an effort to understand the best methods for creating efficient stored procedures and functions.
- Optimizes processes and SQL code to operate within acceptable parameters. This includes the coming up with the best cost-effective solution to reduce I/O and duration as well as blocking problems on stored procedures, and for the best automated process (imports, exports, etc) methods.
- Independently works with clients to resolve issues, problems and questions.
- Independently designs and implements database structures. Works with the manager of database development on designs for new and existing databases that best serve the company needs.
- Monitors performance to identify causes of deadlocks and long running queries.
- Analyzes data needs. Works with clients, product managers and project managers on requirements analysis and needs analysis, in order to design or code solutions.
- Helps with the standardization of methods and coding.
- Manages user access rights and security issues on SQL databases as required.
- Reports weekly to the database development manager using the prescribed report format or other agreed upon format.
- Performs other job related tasks as assigned in a timely and efficient manner.
- Undertakes other activities from time to time as may be required by the manager of database development or development manager in addition to these major areas of responsibility, which may be changed from time to time at the discretion of the company to suit its business needs.
- Complies with all applicable company policies, vendor and customer agreements, regulations, laws and the like.
- B.S. in computer science or equivalent experience.
- Advanced degree (M.S.) desirable.
- If non-degreed, requires eight or more years of relevant work experience and three or more years of experience as a database administrator II.
- Three years of relational database and SQL programming experience.
- Two years of Microsoft SQL Server optimization experience required.
- Two years’ experience in Windows environment (98, ME, 2000, XP, Vista). Excellent written and verbal communication skills.