Our client is seeking a Sr. Software Engineer. Below is a BRIEF job description. Please contact us for more information about this role and our client.
- Develop and design software solutions that meet business requirements, are scalable and sustainable
- Supervise service requests and customer expectations in alignment with defined service level agreements
- Co-operate with other developers to support definition of development strategy, standards, guidelines and best practices to overcome technical challenges and streamline the development process.
- Collaborate with database and application integration teams to ensure service availability and prompt issue resolution for key development efforts
- On call for critical deployments and escalation point for high-priority system incidents
- Hands-on full stack technical expertise from database design and software lifecycle management to UI design and services
- 8+ years of experience in software development using Java (Java Enterprise/JEE, EJB, Swing, JSP and Servlet)
- Demonstrated proficiency designing and developing mission critical enterprise-scale software in Java.
- Experience with JPA ORM frameworks (Hibernate, EclipseLink and OpenJPA)
- Experience with relational databases such as MS SQL, Oracle, Postgress, and MySQL as well as effectively managing billions of records.
- In addition to Java, proficiency in other programming languages a plus: C#, Python
- Experience developing effective unit tests
- Able to perform in a highly collaborative, team-oriented work setting
- Prior experience with agile development methodology
- Solid understanding of object oriented programming
- XML and XSLT experience desirable
- SOAP and REST web service experience a plus
- Software source control (GIT, TFS) and n- architecture