Role: QA Manager
Our San Diego client is looking for a Quality Assurance Manager to join their team! Please connect with us for more information.
This role will be responsible for directing and planning the programs, policies and initiatives used to monitor and measure the quality of IT services, systems, and software for the company. They will ensure that tracking systems capture useful operational metrics for use in reducing defects, improving service, and optimizing the implementation process.
- Set the course and direction as well as manage the day to day operations for the QA team (2 local; 3-4 in out of the country)
- Review functional requirement documents and create comprehensive test plans.
- Validate user expectations achieved during the testing process.
- Test a variety of different types of software products, system architectures, OS platforms, and browsers.
- Test web-based applications, analyze results, and provide recommendations accordingly.
- Manage and prioritize project load for the QA team
- Partner with the Director of Project Management and Director of Software Engineering to align efforts most efficiently.
- 7+ years QA experience (system, integration, functional, and regression testing).
- Solid understanding of development lifecycle.
- Excellent communications skills, problem solver, troubleshooting.
- Ability to work independently and within a group.
- Experience working with Project Managers, Developers, and Technical Writers.
- Well-organized, self-motivated with a high level of attention to detail.
- Must be extremely detail-oriented with respect to documentation and communication.
- Ability to multi-task, maintain quality while meeting or exceeding deadlines.
- Must have the flexibility to adapt to change rapidly.
- Proven analytical and problem solving skills.
- API testing experience a plus.
- Salesforce testing experience a plus.
- Experience with enterprise-wide applications with many modules of functionality.
- Knowledgeable on all aspect of the software development life cycle.
- Experience with defect tracking software, such as Jira.
- Automated test experience a plus; Selenium preferred.
- Experience with Agile software development process.
Bachelor’s degree in a related field