Our client is seeking a qualified candidate for the position of Business Intelligence Architect. Below is a BRIEF job description. Please contact us for more information on this role and client.
Job Duties & Responsibilities:
Required Background & Experience:
- Architect the Microsoft BI solutions using MS SQL Server 2014/2012 SSAS, SSRS, PowerPivot, PowerView, PerformancePoint, integration with Excel and SharePoint, tailoring solutions for management dashboards, financial reporting and operational business intelligence.
- Generate and direct BI presentation layer training, and documentation to guarantee quality and stability.
- Troubleshoot BI Environment issues and tune for performance. Identify and resolve application blockages and performance problems. Outline and enforce coding standards, design styles and best practices.
- Create standard or custom reports summarizing business, financial, or economic data for review by stakeholders including executives, managers, sales operations, etc.
- Manage internal and outside development contractors and consultants.
- Research, design, develop, test, retrieve, and report data using your knowledge of several software packages.
- Aid in the resolution of complex analytics.
- Determine and recommend business, technology, and process improvement opportunities.
- Act as an analytics review function to ensure the consistency and quality of analytical tools and reports are delivered reliably to business partners.
- B.S. in computer science or related discipline. M.S. in computer application or related field of study is highly desired.
- More than 6 years’ experience with architecting, developing, and/or managing the implementation of BI solutions using Microsoft SQL Server, Microsoft SharePoint and Microsoft Excel utilizing experience with Microsoft OLAP, Hyperion, Cognos, Business Objects or other enterprise level tools.
- Experience with the design and development of large Enterprise data warehouses and reporting systems for a large scale BI user community.
- Experience with SQL Server 2014/2012/2008 R2 stack (SSRS, SSAS, SSIS), PowerView, PowerPivot, Decomposition Tree, SharePoint, Excel, PerformancePoint Server, PowerBI.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Excel
- Skilled in the development of KPI Dashboards.
- Experience with data analytics and able to provide actionable data driven decision making.
- Understanding of multi-dimensional database design and architecture.