Our client is seeking a qualified candidate for the position of International Logistics Specialist. Below is a brief job description. Please contact us directly for more information on this role and client.
- Accepts and enters orders from email and fax, processes credit payments, and performs returns as needed
- Answers telephone calls, emails, and faxes about a wide range of matters including worldwide distributors, end user customers, distributor sales reps, inquiries for general product information, and internal sales personnel and customers
- Records and handles any required documentation for shipment to our international customers, including: obtaining Certificates of Origin from the SD Chamber of Commerce, completing customs forms, etc.
- Works with Shipping, Planning, and Purchasing to schedule and coordinate shipments. Performs research on customer inquiries including proof of deliveries, miss-shipments, providing future shipment dates, etc. Oversees shipments to ensure product delivery is timely and without delays. Works with customs agencies as needed to expedite clearance
- Work with Finance to review account status
- Provides weekly international reports to International Managers
- Leads the coordination of instrument upgrades with our international customers
- Helps Technical Support with the creation of online accounts for all international customers
- Aids in outgoing and incoming international shipments for internal customers as needed
- Ensures that all duties are carried out in compliance with the established business policies and procedures
- Independently recognizes and resolves moderately complex problems. Solves customer-related issues directly. Identifies recurring issues and takes initiative in resolving them.
EDUCATION, SKILLS & EXPERIENCE (indicate if required or preferred):
Education and Experience
- H.S. Diploma or equivalent
- Minimum of 3 years related experience or Bachelor’s Degree Liberal Arts
- 3+ years of customer service experience including order entry and order processing. Preference for those with experience in a call center.
- Other activities, duties or responsibilities as needed.
- Bi-lingual preferred but not required (German & Spanish)
- Strong telephone skills/telephone manner
- Strong organizational skills
- Excellent computer skills
- Solid grasp of accounting principles
- Ability to multi-task with attention to timelines
- Excellent understanding of shipping process
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Experience with letters or credit
- Logistics specialist for international shipments
- Ability to document efficiently and accurately