Our client is currently seeking an IT Desktop and Mobile Support candidate. Below is a BRIEF job description. Please inquire for more details on this job and client.
This position will actively resolve day to day IT support issues as well as help to develop standards for end user computing in a mid-level manufacturing company.
- Provide technical analysis, troubleshooting, support and training for information technology products and services including, but not limited to desktop and laptop computers, mobile and tablet devices, telecommunications devices, and software.
- Responsible for communicating business partner concerns, suggestions, challenges and requirements with IT management to ensure that they are included in the strategic planning of the department, when appropriate, as well as, escalating support issues as needed. This will require excellent oral and written communication skills with the ability to interact with all levels of the organization.
- Support corporate IT projects to ensure deliverables and deadlines are met. You must be comfortable communicating with and utilizing peer IT resources for assistance when necessary.
- Prepare documentation for technical specifications and processes, ensuring that documentation is kept current and adheres to corporate policies and procedures.
- Assist with defining best practices and identifying opportunities for automation or efficiency improvement while adhering to all company, departmental technology and professional standards.
- Provide exceptional customer service that meets the expectations of the business and of IT leadership. This will include providing status updates on requests and working with the customer’s schedules to address their technology issues
- Knowledge of Microsoft Windows operating system(s) and Microsoft Office applications.
- Knowledge of Active Directory a plus.
- Microsoft Office Specialist (MOS) certification is a plus.
- Microsoft Certified Technology Specialist (MCTS) certification is a plus.
- Must be able to effectively troubleshoot technology issues.
- Must be able to perform diagnostics on desktop computers, laptop and tablet computers, telecommunication devices and corporate WAN/LAN networks to either resolve issues or appropriately escalate.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft technologies is a plus. Very helpful to have knowledge in Apple OS or iOS devices.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) required; 1-3 years’ experience working in an information technology position. Any college or intern experience with information technology support also qualifies.