Our client is currently seeking a qualified candidate for the position of User Researcher/Human Factor Engineer. Below is a brief job description. This is a long term contract position in San Diego.
Please contact us directly for more information on this role and client.
Job Responsibilities & Duties:
- Perform user research to analyze and understand user’s needs
- Design experiments for users and collect/examine quantitative and qualitative data
- Plan and perform usability studies to thoroughly examine new and existing products and offer constructive suggestions for change
- Conduct studies on competitor products from a human interface standpoint
- Plan for and conduct user tests, examine the results, and report findings
- Offer new, creative ideas and solutions
- Generate scenarios and use cases to build information architecture.
- Work with various teams and individuals, including marketing, product planners. Hardware and software engineers, GUI designers, QA to determine product user interface specifications
- Create mock paper and Flash prototypes
- Generate user interface design specification documents
- B.S./B.A. Degree (or higher) in Human factors, Human-Computer Interaction, Product Design, Interaction Design, Graphic Design, or similar field
- Demonstrated experience (of 5 or more years) in an equivalent field
- Knowledge and experience with Photoshop, Illustrator, Visio, PowerPoint, Word, and Excel
- A portfolio of user study or design samples (i.e. a past project or create your own) is required
- Demonstrated experience with developing user-friendly interfaces for embedded systems and consumer products is desirable but not required