Our client is looking for a Senior Business Analyst to join their team!
- Utilize SQL, Cognos 11/10 reporting and business process knowledge to capture reporting and business logic of various Cognos 11/10 reports transitioning to the department, as well as create new Cognos 11 reporting
- Partner with the previous department report owner to document existing reporting logic/business reason and build new reporting in Cognos 11
- Translate and document SQL logic to business logic and its impact to existing reporting/Data sets
- Create comprehensive documentation of existing reporting, business logic, business purpose and conditions/criteria used with in the reports
- Create/update business process documents to support/provide context to existing/new reporting
- Validate data from the multiple systems used and ensure the integrity and accuracy of the data/analysis being provided
- Conduct root cause analysis
- Partner with various functions to determine root cause, document business process and process gaps.
- Ability to relate reporting to business processes
- Ability to work with large sets of data
- Experience with Cognos 11 and/or 10
- Experience with Data warehouse/HANA or similar database environment
- Attention to detail with strong analytical ability
- Effectively prioritize and balance multiple tasks and activities, thus ensuring that assignments are completed on time.
- Is flexible, organized and functions well under stressful situations.
- Maintains a good working relationship within the System Financial Analysis department as well as with all other Benefits Health System departments.
- Consistently demonstrates initiative and a professional, self-directed approach to department responsibilities and an ability to meet deadlines.
- Accepts additional projects and responsibilities as assigned
- Demonstrates the ability to deal with pressure to meet deadlines, to be accurate, and to handle constantly changing situations.
- Demonstrates the ability to deal with a variety of people, deal with stressful situations, and handle conflict.
- Bachelor's Degree required
- At least 5 years of progressive Analytical experience Skills and Experience
- BUSINESS PROCESS FLOW
- OPERATIONS FINANCE
- BUSINESS ANALYSIS
- ROOT CAUSE ANALYSIS