Our client is looking for a Business Systems Analyst to turn opportunities into projects and act as the primary interface to business users.
- Determines operational objectives through studying business functions and evaluating output requirements and formats.
- Gather and document requirements with clients, internal users, and third party vendors for systems development.
- Work with external and internal clients to identify systems and process solutions that will enable new business opportunities.
- Develop and coordinate testing plans and document test results of new systems functionality and processes.
- Assist the Director of Business Solutions to devise and/or modify procedures to solve complex business problems in many forms.
- Assist with documentation of IT projects and reporting to management.
- Five+ years of hands-on total IT experience.
- Four+ years hands-on experience in project initiation and business requirements and analysis.
- Four+ years hands-on technical design, software development, testing and production support.
- Strong hands-on SQL experience- must be recent/current.
- Strong experience as a business analyst or operations analyst.
- Ability to research, define and analyze business problems.
- Ability to work with external clients and internal users to develop detailed, clearly written functional specifications for software development and for enhancement of existing software.
- Ability to work & communicate effectively with IT and Operations personnel.
- Knowledge of software development and maintenance methodologies.
- Proficient with Windows Operating System, Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Internet Explorer, Visio, and MS Project.