Our client is seeking a Senior Business Systems Analyst. Below is a brief job description. Please contact us for more information on this role and client.
In the Senior Business Systems Analyst role, you will be responsible for performing functions on complex projects and offering guidance to team members and those on cross-functional projects. This candidate will identify and analyze business needs and validate solutions that fit the long-term strategic vision of the company.
Essential functions of the Sr. Business Systems Analyst:
- Write features, use cases, and other artifacts which articulate the needs of the company.
- Utilize usability testing, mock-ups, and user journey maps to ensure adequate solution support as well as user and customer experience.
- Work with the development team to advise the design and development process of company systems utilizing the team’s agile process.
- Develops and contributes to enterprise process standards to ensure consistency, efficiency and effectiveness by facilitating collaboration amongst stakeholders, team members and customers.
- Participates in peer reviews of architecture, design, and quality assurance work products to identify conflicts and resolve according to business functional requirements.
- Conducts root-cause analysis of defects, identifies key and recurring problems, and provides solutions to prevent recurrence.
- Applies Information Systems, Analysis & Solutions Knowledge: Demonstrates an understanding of strategy, structures, and processes of the enterprise in its relationships with business activities; identifies key information sources, their limitations, and managing large amounts of data to make logical assumptions.
- Applies internal system knowledge and problem-solving techniques to define problems, business needs or process improvements for internal systems.
- Assesses Business Needs: Identifies current and future needs of the customer or business; understands how business needs dictate the project’s requirements, project direction, business objectives, and resource allocation; makes recommendations on the solutions-design phase of the project.
- Designs/Develops integrated solutions to business problems while demonstrating detail orientation.
- IT – Business Process Improvement, Documentation of Business Requirements, Processes/Methods and Tools, Quality Management.
- Utilizes and Applies Project Management, Project Planning, and Project Risk Management knowledge.
- Technology Knowledge: Recognizes the basic impact of technology on the business, services, and processes; identifies technological barriers in achieving desired objectives; maintains appropriate breadth and depth of technological knowledge.
- Experience with iterative software development and iterative management tools
- Experience with business intelligence tools
- Experience with UX tools
- Must have a Bachelor’s Degree (or internationally comparable degree)
- Must have experience in business systems analysis