Our client is seeking a Technical Support professional. Below is a brief job description. Please contact us for more information on this role and client.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities
- Respond to phone calls, emails, and walk-ups, log and respond to troubleshooting incidents and trouble tickets while following outlined procedures. Use available knowledge base and help tools provided to follow issue through to a proper resolution for internal computer hardware, software, network, and telecommunications systems.
- Determines, isolates and analyzes problems applying database records and alerts management to recurring problems and patterns of problems.
- Installs or aids in the installation & imaging of hardware and peripheral components such as monitors, keyboards, printers, and disks drives for internal and external users. Basic Mac setup is a plus.
- Supplies onsite computer training to users in formal and non-formal settings.
- Escalation and notification for assistance in resolving incidents that require advanced support, notification of appropriate points-of-contact (POC's) for the systems and coordination, dispatch and tracking of hardware equipment repair.
- Prioritizes work based on user and documents support.
- Adheres to the defined methodology for documentation, implementation, and support.
- Assist remote customers with hardware and software issues
- Supporting off the shelf and custom applications that require a basic understanding of business process.
- Ability to generalize, evaluate, and make decisions within the scope of their job responsibilities without immediate supervision.
- Responsible for exhibiting professional behavior with both internal and external business associates that reflects positively on the company and is consistent with the company’s policies and practices.
- Supports others in achieving high performance and ensure interactions with others demonstrate excellent behavior flexibility and effective communications skills.
- Knows and understands the company’s cultural beliefs and ensure that performance is aligned.
- Enforces all of HIPAA and is aware of the HIPAA breach process as well as the compliance requirements.
EDUCATION, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Associate or Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology/Systems, Engineering or related discipline with 1 or more years’ experience or a H.S. Diploma and 3 years of experience
- 1-3 years of experience with troubleshooting (Tier II and III support) and installing hardware/software with computer systems.
- 2 or more years exposure to a call-center environment and/or prior helpdesk experience.
- Excellent organization, oral & written communication skills.
- Excellent customer service skills, ability to work after hours and on call as required.