- Prepare study materials for usability tests, conduct formative and summative usability tests for medical devices, analyze data, and compile results and findings for multidisciplinary teams of engineers, developers, and executives.
- Contribute to HFE documentation needed for creating Usability Engineering File
- Conduct task analysis, design reviews, Cognitive Walk-throughs, and other formative design and evaluation methods.
- Make design recommendations based on usability tests, standards and best practices.
- Participate in cross-functional design reviews.
- Author test plans, protocols, and reports
- 3+ years of industry experience coordinating and conducting Usability Testing, including measurement of user performance, data analysis and reporting of results.
- Proficient in user-centered design process.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to collaborate actively and proactively with others in a cross-functional team Ability to communicate effectively in writing, verbally, and as a presenter.
- Proficient with Microsoft suite (Word, Excel, Powerpoint)
Familiarity with FDA human factors processes towards the development of medical devices and follows the guidelines of the FDA (e.g. IEC 62366, AAMI HE75) strongly preferred.
Education: BA or BS in Human Factors, Cognitive/Experimental Psychology, Industrial Design, Engineering Psychology or equivalent technical degree.