Our client is a seeking a qualified candidate for the position of Manager of Technical Support. Below is a brief job description. Please contact us for more information on this role and client.
Essential Responsibilities & Functions
- Trains, develops and mentors his/her team to continuously improve their knowledge, productivity and effectiveness in projecting professionalism and providing excellent customer service during all interactions with internal or external customers. Typical contact points would be: telephone and or email communication, meetings and training classes as requested by Sales or Marketing.
- Active participant in Customer Complaint Committee Meetings. Ability to clearly communicate with cross-functional teams about end-user inquiries and complaints as well as customer satisfaction surveys.
- Creates, analyzes and reports on department metrics and efficiencies.
- Collaborates with IS to ensure best practice and continuous improvement in operating systems.
- Handles and oversees global customer complaint system to ensure procedures are being followed and that the corporate goal for processing time is being met.
- Works with cross functional teams to resolve escalated customer complaints.
- Takes part in internal and external audits relating to functions of the Technical Support Team
- Provides and/or arranges training for internal employees, distributors, and end-users as needed.
- Works closely with R & D regarding any troubleshooting and/or improvements required based on proficiency results.
- Monitors and maintains the instrument tracking system in the ERP system and aids in any instrument upgrade programs.
- Works with various departments including Marketing, R & D, etc. to develop strategy and implementation of instrument firmware updates.
- Reviews and approves instrument related product returns.
- Lead in Technical Support for managing and maintaining customer accounts
- Works with product development teams to offer the customers’ perspective. Responsible for creating and updating all related technical documentation for new products: FAQs, Troubleshooting guides, Technical Bulletins, etc.
- Backs up Technical Support Specialists by responding to phone calls, data entry of inquiries, complaints, orders, and following up with customers and sales reps when needed.
- Ability to act as a back-up Associate Director, Customer & Filed Support Services when needed.
- Performs tasks in compliance with outlined business practices.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Life Sciences, or equivalent experience
- 6 years of related experience
- 3+ years in as a leader in Technical Support
- Preference towards those with experience in diagnostics industry, hospital, and/or physcian office lab
- Lead, support, and motivate individuals with varying skill sets and personalities
- Ability to maintain professionalism at all times and work calmly under pressure
- Quality focused and results-oriented
- Maintains a high degree of ethics and professionalism while interacting with others
- A positive attitude demonstrated during company functions and public events to encourage team camaraderie and enthusiasm for growth in market share and revenue.
- Ability to manage time sensitive projects often with short notice
- Team player
- Strong technical skills regarding principles of product technology and disease processes as they relate to our products
- Exceptional speaker and listener with great interpersonal skills on the phone and off
- Ability to negotiate and diffuse tense situations with customers.
- Deals with confidential situations with professionalism
- Possesses excellent organizational and time management skills
- Uses judgment in the selection of methods, techniques and evaluation criteria for obtaining results.
- Strong computer skills with the ability to quickly learn new programs and/or modifications to the existing system.