Our client is currently seeking a candidate for the position of Lead Software Engineer. Below is a BRIEF job description. Please contact us for more information on this role and client.
|Description: ||The Senior/Lead Software Engineer will work in the R&D Department and will be responsible for guiding a variety of software development projects and leading other software engineers. |
- Create a software architecture for embedded and GUI software. Work with other groups to guarantee that all software specifications are met. Collaborate with design teams to guide project deliverables, goals, timelines, and provide technical direction to ensure product success.
- Eagerly learn about legacy products to understand software interactions and assay dependencies. Develop and implement software optimization strategies, lead troubleshooting and drive software revision initiatives as needed.
- Provide technical guidance to external contractors or OEMs supporting initial instrument development and post-launch efforts. Develop software specifications, provide instruction and oversight during development of software, and regulate software releases to ensure on-time product delivery.
- Examine with Information Systems (IS) to develop software that enables common security and connectivity features across all product lines.
- Develop software analysis tools and analytical methods to solve instrument-to-assay compatibility issues.
- Develop software validation strategies, protocols and implementation plans to support instrument launch and commercialization. Write reports, protocols and other technical documentation to support Design Control.
- Define processes and platforms to promote collaborative software development, testing, building, and delivery to reduce time to market.
- Review of intellectual property and knowledge in collaboration with our Legal team.
- BSCS, BSEE, BS Math, or equivalent analytical discipline is required. (MBA or MS preferred)
- 10+ years of progressively complex software design and development experience.
- A demonstrated track record of progressively challenging assignments as a Software Engineer / Architect in the development of complex Medical Instrument Systems is required.
- Experience with medical device regulatory standards such as 21 CFR Part 820, IEC 62304, ISO 13485 and ISO 14971.
- Demonstrated ability to work in cross-functional teams.
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written).
- A demonstrated track record of managing technical projects, with internal and OEM personnel.
- Experience with Agile development
- Experience with C++, C#
- Experience with common scripting languages (Python/Perl).
- Experience with web development (eg. Angular, React)
- Experience with cloud platforms (eg. AWS, Azure)
- Experience in Web Services Frameworks and Protocols
- Platform knowledge with Linux, Android and Windows
- SQL Database knowledge
- Familiarity with LIS