Our client is seeking a Director of IT Applications. Below is a BRIEF job description. Please contact us for more information on this role and client.
PURPOSE: Responsible for providing specialized and broad application and data architecture project design and leadership.
- Responsible for applying strong application and process discipline to define business requirements and translate them into well-engineered and integrated technology solutions, while maintaining cost and risk, and improving user adoption and satisfaction.
- Responsible for developing strategic technology plans, tactical multi-year roadmaps, and implementation plans for corporate business application systems and data architecture design in support of organizational objectives through collaboration and counsel with business partners, executives, and IT leaders.
- Lead, evaluate and optimize an evolving technology team through establishment of goals and by providing coaching, mentorship and creation of development and training plans.
- Accountable to collaborate with your IT peers and business partners to develop and provide innovative technology solutions to address business challenges. Consistently seek opportunities to improve processes and provide technical solutions to maximize efficiency, security, reliability, scalability and supportability, while minimizing costs. Leads cross-functional understanding of department needs, platform capabilities and limitations prior to presenting design and application recommendations.
- Responsible for budget development and management for all application and data support including the ERP, BI, Financial Reporting, Sales Planners, data warehouse and all other reporting and application tools.
- Accountable for employing and implementing project and portfolio management skills and tools to facilitate project prioritization, resource allocation and deployment, stakeholder alignment, and collaboration with your business partners and IT peers.
- Responsible for resolving complex and ambiguous issues and drive changes across multiple simultaneous projects including composing and managing budgets, identifying milestones and decision points, contingency plans, flowcharts, timelines, stakeholder communications and updates.
- Maintain a deep, comprehensive knowledge base of the IT application and business support technology landscape, trends and best practices.
- Responsible to engage, leverage and effectively manage vendors through building strong, collateral relationships and applying appropriate negotiating skills.
- Leads collaboration cross-functionally in educating and guiding as primary methods of influence.
- Responsible for understanding how current applications interface with existing business systems, data architecture, and business processes to effectively lead the selection, design, development and integration of new software and application tools to support all internal departments.
- Responsible for independently or collaboratively solving complex technical challenges intra- or inter-departmentally.
- Responsible for teaching and guiding others to be able to accomplish individual tasks, achieve goals and meet expectations.
- Routinely reports to leadership on project status, impediments, requirements, etc., in written and oral form.
- Identifies, recommends and establishes processes, methods, tools, resourcing, policies and practices to sustain high-quality outcomes, reduce costs, ensure security and compliance, increase efficiencies & user satisfaction, and improve data access and accuracy
- 15 years demonstrated, progressive responsibility in business applications relevant to the company’s application needs.
- Demonstrated contributions as an IT leader, leading software managers and senior individual contributors, and proficiency in a public, commercial manufacturing and multi-site environment.
- Successful experience leading a collaborative and diverse engineering group in support of achieving business goals while mitigating risk and increasing efficiency.
- Successful experience leading all aspects of an ERP implementation transition of operations at corporate and remote locations