Our client in San Diego is looking for a Sr. System Administrator. The person will be responsible for Provisioning, Operating, and Maintaining of the systems hardware and software and related infrastructure. This position will continue research to ensure constant innovation while working closely with Infrastructure Engineering team members.
The person will be responsible for the following systems: Windows Servers, Exchange, Active Directory, VMWare Virtualization, Backup and Recovery, Antivirus, Security Updates and Patching of all servers and workstations, Day to Day operations, and other related tasks.
Engineering and Provisioning
- Install new / rebuild existing servers and configure hardware, peripherals, services, settings, directories, storage, etc. according to standards and operational requirements.
- Install and configure systems to support the company’s infrastructure applications or Asset Management applications.
- Develop and maintain installation, configuration and standard operating procedures.
- Research and recommend innovative, automated approaches for system administration tasks. Identify approaches that leverage company’s resources and provide economies of scale.
- MS Exchange email administration. Windows Server and Active Directory administration.
Operations and Support
- Perform daily system monitoring: verifying the integrity and availability of all hardware, server resources, systems and key processes, reviewing system and application logs, and verifying completion of scheduled jobs such as backups.
- Perform regular security monitoring
- Perform daily backup operations
- Perform regular file and email archival and purge as necessary.
- Create and maintain Active Directory Objects and GPO’s.
- Provide Tier III/other support per request from various constituencies. Investigate and troubleshoot issues. Act as escalation for all Helpdesk related tasks that they are not able to resolve.
- Repair and recover from hardware or software failures. Coordinate and communicate with impacted constituencies.
- Apply OS patches and upgrades on a regular basis, and upgrade administrative tools and utilities.
- Update system software so that it supports the company’s infrastructure applications or Asset Management applications per need.
- Perform periodic performance reporting to support capacity planning.
- Perform ongoing performance tuning, hardware upgrades, and resource optimization as required. Configure CPU, memory, and disk partitions as required.
- Maintain data center environmental and monitoring equipment.
- Experience with build automation and migration of MS Exchange/AD
- Has MCSE Certification and possesses a strong understanding of VMware
- Strong skills with MS Exchange, Active Directory administration, and Troubleshooting Exchange
- Knowledge regarding the securing of networks with Cisco routers and switches
- Collaborative and innovative in a team setting