We are seeking a Sr. Software Engineer for a contract (possible hire) role in Rancho Bernardo. Please contact us for more information!
What you'll be doing
• This role is a software development position. Your primary focus will be helping to define and create prototypes and proof of concepts across different market verticals; some of which may reach a production level someday. The development stack will vary based upon whatever it takes to accomplish the goals; thus candidates should have a good breadth of knowledge and be comfortable in quickly bringing new concepts to life with whatever resources are available.
• Helping to define and develop user experiences that delight the customer.
• You will help to not only define the system architecture but to speak to its pros/cons thoroughly and welcome all input/changes. You should be comfortable with mentoring in areas of your strength and learning in areas lacking depth.
• 5-7+ years of solid industry experience with a BS in Computer Science or equivalent.
• User interface development experience (e.g. JS/React, Qt, Java, etc.)
• You should be very comfortable with both Linux-based and Windows environments.
• You should have experience using embedded boards like nVidia Jetson, Raspberry Pi, or equivalent.
• Excellent communicator who is passionate about quality, testability, extensibility, and simple design.
• Experience working in an Agile/Scrum team environment is helpful
• Experience with Docker on embedded hardware
• Experience with Java/Kotlin and Android app development is a plus
• Nice to have: C/C++ experience, machine learning (coursework & experimentation) and/or having helped a ML team with tools/infrastructure around natural language understanding (NLU/NLP), GANs, and/or object recognition.
• User interface development leveraging OpenGL, Unity or Unreal.
• Experience with building out RESTful services locally and/or in AWS leveraging things like Lambda, API Gateway, and Cognito is nice to have including understanding of AWS best practices in securing infrastructure.
• Experience with Firebase is helpful.
• Experience with Git/GitHub and managing code on multiple branches is expected
Candidate Submission Requirements
• Applicant portfolio should be presented:
§ Link to Stack Overflow, GitHub, or equivalent page(s)
§ Link(s) to any open-source contribution(s)
§ Link(s) to any apps in the Android Market or iOS App Stores. Try to be specific about your contribution please.
§ Code sample(s) if available