Our client is seeking a contract Technical Writer. Below is a brief job description. Please apply for more details. Thanks!
- Edit customer and internal user documentation for clarity, consistency, and adherence to our standards and style guides.
- Plan, write, and edit technical documentation for a variety of scientific audiences including researchers, bioinformaticians, clinicians, and physicians.
- Collect data by interviewing specialists, researching written material, attending training and demonstrations, using products, and observing users.
- Work efficiently and accurately in content management systems, adhering to best practices and departmental standards for terminology, content management, and reuse.
- Release finished documentation to Document Control, and maintain organized records of all materials, drafts, and previous versions.
- Demonstrate strong domain expertise in modern standards for technical writing, online help, content technology, and user experience.
- Quickly learn and apply new tools, processes, and standards.
- Be adaptable and forward thinking in the face of technological or organizational change.
- Five+ years of experience as a technical writer, preferably in industry (software, hardware, biotech).
- Ability to effectively engage with many groups. The best candidate will quickly gain a reputation as a strong partner who intelligently gathers input from multiple stakeholders and deals effectively with ambiguous or missing information.
- Thrive in a fast-paced environment. Our technical writers independently manage multiple projects from concept to publication under tight deadlines and changing conditions while also functioning as collaborative team members. Influencing across boundaries, finding win-win solutions, and responding to obstacles creatively and resourcefully are key characteristics.
- Sophisticated understanding of the principles and practices of technical writing, content management, and reuse.
- Expert in MadCap Flare (or similar), Adobe Acrobat, SnagIt (or similar), Microsoft Office, and web authoring tools and languages. Knowledge of localization management, Adobe Experience Manager, Confluence, and scripting languages is a plus.
- Proficient in English, attentive to industry-leading standards, and equipped with excellent grammatical and editorial skills.
- Bachelor's degree required.