|Our client is currently seeking a Mid or Senior Level Network Engineer. Below is a BRIEF job description. Brand new office, collaborative culture, unlimited PTO, remote flexibility, etc. Please contact us for more information on this role and client.|
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Network design and architecture
- Deployment of new and existing routing, switching, and firewall infrastructure for both physical and cloud environments.
- Network capacity planning
- Change management controls with Networking Architectures in a SaaS environment
- Deployment and management of new and existing VPN connections with associated collaboration with the business’ customers
- Responsible for security and performance monitoring in addition to being able to troubleshoot network-related issues in a logical manner
- Research, recommend, and develop innovative, and where possible automated approaches for daily administrative tasks. Identify approaches that leverage our resources and provide economies of scale
- At least 5 years’ experience supporting applications and systems in a production environment, preferably for a SaaS software organization
- Need to have a strong understanding of at least one type of Network Operating System. Ex. Cisco, Juniper, Arista, etc.
- Possess deep expertise in network protocols, network security, routing, and switching
- Familiarity with Palo Alto Networks firewalls and its Panorama centralized management appliance
- Prior experience with Amazon Web Services (AWS) is highly desirable
- Demonstrate project management skills, process oriented with attention to detail with experience in JIRA and Confluence recommended
- Working knowledge of Linux system administration and shell scripting experience
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Windows Server administration
- Familiarity with VMware and SAN storage systems are a plus (SAN networking)
- Comfortable performing in a process-oriented and change-controlled working atmosphere
- Experience with Chef / Ansible CMS and Automation tools (Rundeck, Puppet, Spacewalk) preferred
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent job experience in Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering or related field monitoring.