Essential Duties and Responsibilities
|Our client is currently seeking a Senior DevOps Engineer. Below is a BRIEF job description. Brand new office, collaborative culture, unlimited PTO, remote flexibility, etc. Please contact us for more information on this role and client.|
- Architect infrastructure in both AWS and DataCenter.
- Own and drive projects development to delivery.
- Responsible for Windows and Linux systems up time and performance.
- Manage and maintain: Active Directory, Kubernetes, Docker, Chef, Ansible, JFrog Artifactory.
- Work closely with software engineers and tech leadership to drive projects.
- Build and run production environments in AWS using Infrastructure as code methods.
- Orchestrate environment development using Kubernetes, Terraform and/or Cloud Formation.
- Build & Deploy CI pipeline automation to a combination of Kubernetes/Docker and VM based systems in both VMWare and AWS.
- Develop a process to make DevOps a part of the engineering development, service deployment and operations lifecycle.
- System monitoring & analytics.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Expert in system build configuration automation.
- 5+ years of experience in Linux.
- 5+ years of experience building and maintaining a SaaS platform
- 4+ years experience working with AWS
- 2+ years of experience using terraform
- Experience with docker and docker orchestration
- Experience with project management tools (Jira, Confluence)
- Bachelor's degree in engineering, computer science or a related field
- Must be passionate about automation.
- Chef experience.
- Experience with project management and tracking.
- Professional experience in software engineering. Need to know software data structures and design patterns.
- Mastered scripting skills in one of Ruby/Bash/Python.
- Build and release automation tools: Jenkins, GIT, Kubernetes.
- Production system integration, log collection and analysis, build and performance monitoring/tuning.
- Design and implement availability, security and performance monitoring.