Our client in North County San Diego is looking for a Web Developer who is passionate about building the future of digital content within our e-commerce team. This is primarily a front-end web development role to support the development and roll out of content, e-commerce features and micro web-applications. This position will work closely with the marketing team, design team, and ecomm team to maintain existing and deliver new experiences to our visitors. This is a contract position.
Essential Functions and Key Responsibilities:
• Transform mockups from design team into functional web pages
• Maintain consistency through established frameworks and styleguides.
• Develop rendering templates for use within our e-commerce and content management systems
• Update CMS content based on changing development criteria
• Write clean, maintainable code
• Cooperate with ux/design, development, product, marketing and e-commerce teams to produce desired experiences
• Identify opportunities to improve the overall experience on the web site
Knowledge and Skills Requirements:
• Strong understanding of modern mobile-first front-end web development
• Experience in CSS frameworks such as Bootstrap/Material/Tailwind along with pre-processors such as Sass, PostCSS, etc.
• Experience consuming REST APIs via JS, and integrations of 3rd party services such as tracking and analytic tools
• Experience with templating languages such as Twig, Blade, Freemarker, ISML, etc.
• Experience supporting web content development within Craft CMS, WordPress, Laravel, Yii, Symfony, or other open-source Content Management Systems/PHP Frameworks
• Ability to use, configure and diagnose problems with Node, npm & Webpack
• Working knowledge of Git source control and Git flow processes
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
• A team player who can work independently but communicates often
• Must be comfortable working independently from start to finish against deadlines
• Experience in an Agile/Scrum project management environment
Education, Work Experience, and Professional Certifications:
• Bachelor's degree in a related field.
• 3+ years experience as a front-end/web developer