This is a CONTRACT role. Our client is currently seeking an IT Engineer/ Manufacturing Platform Administrator. Below is a BRIEF job description. Please contact us for more information on this role and client.
Our client is seeking a Manufacturing Platform Administrator to work within the GIS department. This is a technical application administration role responsible for daily administration of custom MES platform solutions along with integrated Mfg. applications. A portion of this role’s focus will be allocated to projects including upgrades, integrations, and net new functionality delivered via application configuration and project promotions. Projects include application upgrades, additional application integrations and net new functionality delivered via application configuration and customizations.
The individual will work with the current CNC, Business Analysts, Developers, and end-users to ensure Mfg. Platform systems meet Quality Standards and industry best practices. The Associate IT Engineer is responsible for the MFG Platforms technical and ongoing management. Mfg. Platform expertise will be critical to the installation and ongoing sustainment of the Mfg. Platform systems.
The candidate should be proficient in researching issues with the team to make recommendations for both operational improvements and resolving technical problems.
Essential Job Functions:
• Install and maintain the integrity the Mfg. Platform environments (production and non-production)
• Introduce technical changes into the environment using a structured approach that minimizes risk and achieves high reliability, availability, and performance
• Install and configure Mfg. Platform databases and application servers and/or liaison with responsible technical resources.
• Distribute the online Mfg. Platform user workload as well as monitor and manage the Mfg. Platform background job workload
• Maintain the Mfg. Platform performance by planning and executing Mfg. Platform tuning strategies
• Monitor Mfg. Platform systems (work processes, users, system logs, short dumps, locks, developer traces, system traces, disk space, etc.)
• Participate in the planning and implementation of Mfg. Platform system upgrades
• Apply and migrate Mfg. Platform maintenance (support pack stacks and kernel upgrades) utilizing a structured methodology
• Develop and maintain system documentation for Mfg. Platform and its interfaces
• Provide status reports for projects to management
• Exposure to multiple landscape is a plus
• Handle the GIS service tickets for system being down, provide access to Custom MES applications for new users
• Request, configure and rotate SSL certs and KONG API
• Possible on-call coverage on a rotating basis
• 2+ years of experience administering a Mfg. Platform application, Custom LIMS, Camstar MES, New Relic and Loftware Spectrum strongly preferred.
• Experience with other Mfg. or enterprise tools is a plus
• Experience with testing or document management systems including HP Quality Center, Val Genesis or SAP PLM/Teamcenter is a plus
• System and Application Log analysis experience required and Microsoft SQL Server required
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Strong teamwork and problem solving abilities
• Ability to execute tasks with low supervision
• Ability to manage competing priorities in a fast paced environment
• Experience in FDA regulated environments preferred
• Working understanding of the SDLC process