Our client is currently seeking a DATA ENGINEER to join their team. They are in a beautiful office in downtown San Diego and this is a full-time position offering fantastic benefits and an awesome working culture! They have been voted Best Places to Work by the San Diego Business Journal and the San Diego Union-Tribune. This position will be starting out remote, but ideally will be onsite in San Diego once their offices open back up.
We are looking for a Data Engineer or Software Engineer who is passionate about all things data. If you are looking for innovation and fulfillment in your next position, this is the role for you!
Below is a BRIEF job description. This is a PERMANENT role. Please contact us for more information on this role and client.
Essential Job Functions:
- Take the requirements and challenges and put together the technical guide and solution(s) that will support their business strategies and objectives
- Understand the landscape of tools, business domain, and data frameworks in order to recommend next steps
- Work with other Data Engineers and Data Analysts anchors to learn and communicate best practices
- Expert in coding when it comes to building systems and automate data flow
- Expertise with data modeling and experience with data engineering tools and platforms such as Pipelines, SQL, etc.
- Know how to build large-scale data pipelines and data-centric applications
- It is nice to have hands-on experience building Data Engineering tooling with the Microsoft Azure or AWS Data Engineering and Analytics stacks including ADLS, Polybase, ADF, Azure Event Hub, etc.
- Intrigued in modern event streaming tooling
- Must be able to understand the difference of when streaming vs. batch processing is appropriate
- Understanding of applying data security strategy to solve business problems
- Must have a Bachelor’s Degree. Preferably Computer Science
- Must have at least 2 years of data engineering/software experience
- Expert with software development when it comes to any language such as Java, C#, Python
- Desire/ability to work late hours when confronted with hard deadlines
- Nice to have cloud experience (Azure, AWS)