Our client is looking for a contractor (possible hire) for a Product Owner role in San Diego. Below is a brief job description. Please contact us for more information.
We’re looking for an individual with an inquisitive and creative mindset, capable of foresight into disruptive industries and game-changing ideas, with the technical ability to break down brainstorming sessions into realistic stories and build achievable roadmaps. You know your audience, from customers to stakeholders, and anticipate their needs ahead of time. As subject matter expert and the gatekeeper for empowering and enriching user experiences, you are able to work cross-functionally in order to align on product vision and delivery.
• Define and communicate overall roadmap to stakeholders and leadership; act as sponsor proxy, generating buy-in for product vision with both leadership and strategic partners.
• Work with customers and internal teams to define new use cases, listening to industry customer needs and translating them into purposeful feature requirements.
• Own prioritization, planning and scope; manage the product backlog through grooming and stakeholder review.
• Develop metrics and analytics to evaluate success and work toward continuous improvement.
• Oversee experiences, integrations and iterative POCs which minimize friction and lead to customer satisfaction.
• Source and direct designers when necessary; own all design, UI and UX product requirements.
• Manage communication of product developments and perform demos to major stakeholders.
• Proven ability to define, plan, deliver and measure products which grow in scope and/or complexity.
• Ability to incorporate research, insights, feedback, and recommendations from multiple parties into actionable development plans.
• Expert in detailing product requirements, writing functional specs, acceptance criteria and user stories.
• Proven experience with agile software development and scrum processes; JIRA and Confluence a must.
• Demonstrated empathy for customers throughout user journey.
• Experience engaging with and influencing multiple cross-functional teams and leaders to build buy-in for innovative and bold solutions.
• Comfortable understanding and discussing highly technical concepts, as well as working with technical team members.
• Strong analytical, qualitative and quantitative skills.
• An affinity for action; a willingness to maneuver multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment.
• Ability to act as a team player and consider the needs of the business.
• Some level of technical skills, passion for emerging technologies, learning new markets and a comfort with a level of ambiguity a strong plus