This is a PERMANENT role. Our client is currently seeking a DATA SCIENTIST. Below is a BRIEF job description. Please contact us for more information on this role and client.
Essential Job Functions:
- Based on patron and internal requirements, be able to create performance metrics and criteria that are essential to computer vision models.
- Construct studies from computer vision models in order to regulate suitability for release.
- Ability to use insights in order to work with machine learning engineers to identify areas to further develop and target attributes for data collection.
- Map out and maintain dashboarding and reporting of data and models, filled with relevant metrics.
- Build models using both data from company as well as third-party data to obtain insights about property risk.
- Help come up with ideation, design and implementation of analytical products.
- Be able to serve as a representative for the Data Science team in technical and non-technical discussions.
- Check data sources for accuracy and potential to expand the existing data catalog.
- Keep good, professional notes and update tasks in Jira.
- Master’s Degree in Engineering, Statistics, Data Science or comparable field with at least 2 years experience or Bachelor’s Degree with at least 4 years of applicable work experience. PhD is a plus, but not required.
- Scripting: Python, Node, or other language that can be used for scripting and pulling data from APIs and other data sources.
- Must have experience in model validation, data collection, and/or working with geospatial data in the machine learning space.
- Must be able to interpret abstract goals into targeted and technical problem statements, design and run data science experiments to test hypotheses, and synthesize findings to and external stakeholders.
- Have a working style and attitude consistent with the scientific method.