Our client located in San Diego, is looking for a Principal Software Engineer (LAMP Stack) to join their team. They are in a beautiful office in downtown San Diego and this is a permanent full-time position offering fantastic benefits and an awesome working culture! They have been voted Best Places to Work by the San Diego Business Journal and the San Diego Union-Tribune. This position will be starting out remote, but ideally will be onsite once their offices open back up.
- Become the technical owner of our internal software system.
- Lead the design, development and architecture of functionality of our internal software system.
- Perform requirements analysis and technical design of solutions in collaboration with the marketing team.
- Manage internal and external development resources.
- Lead and mentor more junior developers on the team.
- Basic Minimum Requirements:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer science or IT related field
- Previous experience in the Financial Services industry.
- 10+ years as a LAMP stack developer
- 4+ years in a Lead or Principal Engineer level role on a software team
- Extensive knowledge of web development specifically with PHP/MySQL
- Experience coding with Laravel MVC framework.
- Experience with relational databases, schema design and optimization (MySQL, SQL).
- Knowledge of secure coding principles and design.
- Familiarity with agile development methodologies.
- AWS experience, specifically with EC2, S3, Redis, RDS and CodeDeploy.
- Proven ability to manage a development team.
- Ability to design and architect systems.
- Proven ability to work successfully with limited supervision