Our client is looking to bring on a Solution Architect / Technical Lead. This is a full-time role in San Diego.
The client will be launching a modern cloud data platform on Azure. This involves using Azure and possibly 3rd party technology to design architect and implement a data lake, warehouse, ELT, data model/dictionary, data marts, and integration with reporting. Client currently uses Tableau as their business intelligence tool.
• Design and build a modern data cloud platform on Microsoft Azure
• Understand the current state of existing systems
• Identify and document use cases that create client outcomes, support in prioritization
• Gather functional and non-functional requirements
• Define a high-level component architecture aligned with prioritized use cases
• Provide guidance and consultation (pros, cons, and recommendation) for technology stack selection with options and alternatives to meet the use case and requirements
• Build a prototype to demonstrate the capability of the system as it meets the clients needs
• Document a detailed operational and system architectures in the form of a specific and precise blueprint and specification document that can be implemented by engineering
• Lead engineering sprints to implement the solution
Solid understanding and experience:
• With Azure: Event Hub, Azure Data Lake, Azure Data Factory, Azure Synapse, Apache HDInsight
• With Data: Lakes, Warehouses, Lakehouse architecture models
• Selecting between Azure’s cloud data services, Snowflake, Databricks / Spark, Cloudera / Hadoop, Kafka and Storm
• With Master Data Management (MDM), designing data models and data dictionary
• Designing for hot and cold data paths for streaming or batch data
• Designing ETL (and ELT) processes, configuration and rules that perform at scale
• Azure’s ETL capabilities and third-party tools
• 8+ years of proven hands-on experience with the architecture, design, development, deployment and support of software projects.
• Post-secondary education in Computer Science, Math or Engineering.
• Strong understanding of object-oriented and functional paradigms and architectural design patterns.
• Understanding of cloud computing technologies, business drivers, and emerging computing trends.
• Solid understanding and experience implementing with the following technologies / platforms:
• Experience developing software through DevOps pipelines for release engineering and management using Azure DevOps, Github, BitBucket or Jenkins.
o Containers and a container orchestration platform, preferably Kubernetes
o Data integration concerns, and platforms such as Apache Kafka, Storm, ActiveMQ or RabbitMQ
o Cloud platforms such as Azure, AWS or GCP including automated provisioning and management of services on those platforms
o Cloud automation using infrastructure as code such as ARM templates and Terraform
o Automation principles such as immutable infrastructure, CI/CD
o Data, caching and search solutions such as MongoDB, MySQL, Kafka, Redis, memcached, Elasticsearch, Solr to build performant, data-rich solutions
o Monitoring, alerting and logging considerations within a cloud-based environment
o Identity management and authentication/authorization protocols such as OAuth2 and OpenID Connect
• Experience with performance testing, analysis, and application tuning across integrated platforms and related tools like Sonarqube.
• Experience with security verification including vulnerability testing, penetration testing
• Clear presentation and communication skills in customer interactions in a sales setting and externally at events.
• Team-first mentality
• Adaptability to changing project and technology requirements while being hands-on with project teams.
• Demonstrated experience and applied knowledge of both Waterfall and Agile project methodologies.