Our client is looking to bring on a Senior Project Manager. This is a full-time role in San Diego.
• Plan project and sprints with clear entry and exit criteria.
• Partner with clients to understand their business needs as well as identify and prioritize project requirements.
• Keep teams focused on the scope and carefully monitor for out-of-scope requests. Issue change requests where and when required.
• Manage product scope and control scope creep during the development sprints.
• Facilitate effective team meetings: stand-ups, sprint planning, retrospectives, and demos.
• Chair effective, and regular Project Governance / Steering Committee meetings.
• Proactively resolve issues. Uncover and remove roadblocks which prevent the team from achieving their shared goals.
• Tracks projects against delivery metrics and prepare client summary reports and other client communications, as required.
• Identify, manage, report and mitigate project and team risks in the form of a RAID log.
• Document and communicate all decisions, responsibilities, actions, issues, and deadlines.
• Work with the delivery team to provide estimates and design solutions.
• Manages complex stakeholder relationships, both internally and externally, ensuring all industry partners and stakeholders are appropriately engaged and updated on all relevant plans.
• Establish strong relationships with client representatives and advocate to keep parties aligned to project objectives.
• Develop a strong working relationship with Blueshift Engagement Leader and escalate to this person as required.
• Identify opportunities to improve processes and offer constructive suggestions for change.
• Apply excellent communications skills, creativity, and practical knowledge
Product Owner Responsibilities
• Create, maintain, and manage a project backlog while prioritizing and updating requirements.
• Manage sprint backlog and key project elements - risks, scope, budgets, and schedules.
• Act as the liaison between the client and the Project team to ensure user stories/acceptance criteria are clearly defined, understood, and implemented successfully.
• Synthesize information and discussions into concise action items – draft software requirements, user stories, use- cases, etc.
• Test and validate that functionality has been developed correctly and meets the business objectives as described in user stories
• Project Management Professional (PMP), Certified Scrum Master (CSM), and Certified Scrum Product Owner (CSPO) are all desired.
• 5+ years delivering interactive, data-intensive web, mobile and/or cloud applications in a Project Management and Agile/Scrum Master role.
• In depth knowledge and experience delivering using of one or more iterative development and continuous delivery practices like Agile frameworks, preferably for Scrum, Lean and/or XP.
• Experiencing with Hybrid models between Agile and traditional Project Management and facilitating weekly Project Governance meetings
• Ability to rationalize design decisions in a clear and objective manner.
• Strong oral and written communications skills.
• Ability to synthesize information into succinct, concise, and logical written materials (client summaries and reports).
• Proficiency in Process / Workflow analysis and use-case documentation.