One of our top clients is seeking a Sr. Cloud Storage Engineer. Their enterprise software platform is one of the largest platforms in the world that is truly helping people in need. Some of their executives come from companies such as Google, Groupon, etc. This is a new role and will work closely with their Site Reliability Engineer team. They will help with monitoring, guiding Developers on app tweaking for better performance, and organize data.
This is a great opportunity to work with cutting edge tech on a platform that is truly making a difference in the world. They offer competitive salaries, full benefits, 401k, base + bonus+ stock, as well as a working from home stipend.
They will be REMOTE until some time next year. After that, they are open to remote or onsite work, but must be local to San Diego to come in for meetings. This role will sit in San Diego, though they are also open to Los Angeles or San Francisco offices.
- Architect data storage strategy for growth
- Ensure application performance and availability
- Create, maintain and execute on improvements to databases
- Monitor and troubleshoot technical database incidents
- Design and manage storage layers
- Work cross functionally to ensure best practices are being used at database storage and application levels
- Research and implement new technologies to support a growth
- Technology Stack: AWS, MySQL/Aurora, Redshift, Neo4j, Elasticsearch, Elasticache/Redis, BigQuery, DynamoDB, Ansible, Docker, Kafka, Python
- 5+ years of data experience in SaaS environments
- Experience building large scale distributed systems/databases
- Development experience
- Experience with performance tuning and monitoring
- Cloud database infrastructure design and management experience
- Database development and tuning experience
- Experience managing ETL processes for BI