Our client in San Diego is looking to bring on a Chief Technology Officer to help drive their technology department. This person should be a strategic, big thinker with strong business acumen and should understand how to bring technology and business together to create a competitive edge. This is a high visibility, high impact role where the individual will be contributing to the company’s current and future technology and business direction.
- Technology leader responsible for multiple teams including Application Development, Business Intelligence, and IT. Responsible for all hiring, coaching, professional development, and performance reviews of the individual teams.
- Conduct ongoing assessment of technology systems to fit immediate and future business needs.
- Ensure technology systems and architecture are setup to support company growth.
- Set and manage technology budget, according to internal procedures.
- Ensure succession plans are in place for all key technology roles to reduce key-person dependencies.
- Be the owner of the technology roadmap, laying out the vision and plan for the next 5-10 years.
- Provide quarterly updates to Board of Directors on the state of technology and key initiatives, as well as the Technology Roadmap and forecast.
Education & Other Minimum Requirements:
- Bachelor’s Degree required, Master’s Degree a plus.
- 8+ years technology and/or application development experience, 5+ years VP level or higher
- Experience with IT infrastructure design and management, application development and data warehouse management.
- Intimate knowledge of hosting environments and managed service providers, with an emphasis on private and public clouds.
- Experience with BI reporting tools.
- Experience with AI-based call center solutions.
- Experience managing and integrating multiple geographical sites.
- Experience presenting to C-level executives.
- Experience scaling up a company.
- Experience in financial services is a plus.