Technical Support Specialist
Category: Customer/Tech Support Services
Our client is a leading manufacturer of diagnostic healthcare solutions.
We are searching for a customer focused Technical Support Specialist. This is a key role that will interface directly with our customers (medical professionals) and sales representatives to resolve problems and answer questions. There is a strong preference towards those who have previously worked in Med Tech or Hospital Lab setting. This role will demonstrate medical knowledge and communicate to various levels of technical and non-technical persons. The successful candidate will work closely with external customers and end users and with internal departments to address customer concerns, determine corrective action, and customer follow up. This position requires extensive telephone and computer work, as well as dedicated, punctual onsite work hours in between the hours of 7:00 AM and 5:00 PM Monday through Friday.
- Respond to domestic technical support inquiries and complaints, and troubleshoot as needed. Demonstrate understanding of the fundamentals of female reproductive cycle and disease processes as they relate to our products.
- Data entry of all inquiries, complaints, orders and follow-up with customers and sales representatives.
- Support domestic Sales, Marketing, and Customer Service with product issues and customer conflicts.
- Responsible for initiating and coordinating Return Goods Authorizations (RGAs) for serialized items.
- Assist with managing and maintaining the instrument tracking module in our ERP system.
- Assists with handling and managing instrument updates in the field, including customer notification and maintenance of ERP system information.
- Update technical documents as needed. For example: Technical Bulletins, Competitive Matrices, Troubleshooting Guides, etc.
- Compile and analyze customer survey data.
- Review and complete proficiency testing applications prior to deadlines. Compile,
- Summarize and distribute proficiency data for assigned PT programs. Take a leadership role in proactively working with other departments to resolve any potential discrepancies as well as the resolution of any complaints.
- Maintain product references and bibliographies.
- Miscellaneous administrative responsibilities, i.e. copying, faxing, ordering, filing, etc.
- Carries out duties in compliance with established business policies.
- B.S./B.A. in Life Sciences, or equivalent degree.
- Ability to accept ownership and responsibility for meeting deadlines.
- Strong technical skills regarding principles of product technology and disease processes as they relate to our products.
- Good communication (speaking and listening) and interpersonal skills.
- Good telephone skills / phone manner.
- Solid organizational/time management skills.
- Good follow up skills.
- Good understanding of computer skills. Must be able to quickly learn new programs and/or modifications to the existing system.
- Ability to work well under pressure and prioritize multiple tasks while maintaining a positive attitude.
- Attention to detail.
- Ability to handle highly confidential subject matter.
- Ability to accept direction and constructive criticism.
- Ability to handle time sensitive projects with short notice.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks in a fast paced environment.
- Moderate supervision.