Our client in San Diego is looking to bring on a Help Desk Support Technician. This person will be responsible for supporting windows and mac. See below for additional job details and requirements.
- Understand and be able to troubleshoot the Windows Operating Systems
- Understand and be able to troubleshoot the Apple OS X Operating Systems
- Strong understanding of Windows domains
- Working knowledge of Active Directory
- Understand and be able to troubleshoot IPv4 and other networking protocols
- Be familiar with virus/adware removal processes
- Have at least a basic understanding of using the command prompt
- Have an understanding of computer hardware and software concepts and troubleshooting
- Can complete various other tasks, desktop support, and general technical issues
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft 365 and Teams
- Working knowledge of Apple IOS devices
- Working knowledge of managing video conferencing equipment, collaboration tools, and services
- Basic understanding and ability to troubleshoot VoIP phones.
Required Skills, Education and/or Certifications
- 3+ years deploying, updating, optimizing, and troubleshooting Apple and Windows-based workstations in a corporate environment.
- 3+ years providing support for MS Office and all major component applications.
- 3+ years providing support for Acrobat, anti-virus solutions, internet browsers.
- 3+ years providing support for Enterprise VoIP phones.
- Macintosh & OS X configurations and support experience is a plus.
- Basic understanding of IP addressing, subnets, file/folder mapping, shared drives, & network printer configuration.
- Must pass background check
- Be a touch typist
Preferred Skills, Education, and/or Certifications
- Information Technology degree is preferred.
- Professional training/certifications (i.e. CompTIA A+, Network+, Security+, MCITP, MCSA, MCTS)
- Understanding of ITIL Processes. Certification(s) a plus.