|Our client is seeking a Software Development Director. Below is a brief job description. This is a 50% hands-on technical Director role and requires experience in the .Net stack and a background managing agile development and QA teams.|
Please contact us for more information on this role and client.
- Oversee the software release process with the goal of delivering software releases in a timely manner, on budget, and with high quality.
- Develop resourcing strategies for the development and maintenance of multiple software products.
- Organize and manage consistent procedures, metrics and development approaches in accordance with guidelines.
- Determine and gauge the impact of business and technology trends on strategic direction of products.
- Interpret corporate objectives and apply them to team and individual goals.
- Oversee and manage day-to-day tasks of development teams.
- Provide ongoing guidance and support to development team members.
- Share expertise in development methodologies.
- Work with other technology managers, senior management and extended staff on project status and related project information.
- Ensure appropriate resources are identified, hired, and retained.
- BA/BS in computer science, software engineering or related field. Master’s degree would be preferred.
- 8+ years’ experience as a leader of development teams.
- Experience in software development within the finance industry including loan origination systems is a plus.
- Hands-on Development and Architecture Experience in Microsoft .NET, C# / ASP.NET, Visual Studio, MS SQL, Web Services.
- Experience with measurement and improvement of software quality.