Our client in San Diego is looking to bring on a contract DevOps Engineer. This is a 6 month contract that could extend or convert to full time. You can be 100% remote and work from anywhere in the US. Although, San Diego or Raleigh or preferred areas. This will be working with the mobile product team and working on new and existing projects.
- Scaling systems to support growing our user numbers.
- Monitoring the performance of our systems in AWS and other data centers.
- Automating service deployments and maintenance tasks.
- Working side by side with development team and PMs.
- Creating and maintaining systems documentation.
- Communicating with internal and external teams located across the globe.
- Must have experience with Linux – they are a 100% Linux environment.
- Strong experience with MySQL and Postgres as well as writing SQL queries.
- AWS experience.
- Continuous integration/delivery experience using Jenkins or similar for automated testing and deployments.
- Scripting experience with bash, python, etc.
- Experience using and maintaining configuration management tools. Chef preferred.
- Experience configuring and maintaining monitoring systems.
- Experience using source code management tools. Git preferred.
- Ability and willingness to participate in a 24x7 on-call schedule.